The baked eggs with spinach recipe can be easily prepared with a handful available ingredients around you. So, if you are always looking out for good recipes, here is an easy and absolutely lovely one you can take for breakfast. The timing is short too, so don’t be afraid of making yourself this delicacy before going for the days’ work..
- 1/2 neatly chopped medium onion
- 2 tbs free-salted butter
- 1 1/4 spinach (2 bunches; pounded) – have coarse stems discarded and its leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 tbs salt
- 1/8 tbs black pepper
- 4 big eggs
- Extras: 4 ramekins (8-ounce)
- Bacons & buttered toast.
Preparing Your Baked Eggs With Spinach Recipe
- Preheat oven to about 400°F. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook your onion in butter for 5 minutes, while stirring until softened.
- Add spinach and cook together – stir 2 or 3 times. Keep an eye on your mixture until wilted. This should be achieved within 3 minutes or around. Remove lid and cook – Stir.
- Add your cream, pepper and salt. Cook until it looks slightly thickened. (Occasionally stir for 2-4 minutes to achieve this thickness).
- Get a shallow baking pan and carefully arrange your buttered ramekins in it. Divide spinach among the ramekins. Make a notch in center of each divided segments and careful crack an egg in each notch created. Bake in the middle of oven for 15 minutes until the whites are set.
- Finally, serve eggs in ramekins with toast and bacon.
As an alternative, the eggs in this recipe can be baked until the yolks are fully set; if pasteurised eggs are used.
So, with the very little ingredients stated above, you are guaranteed to have a mouth-watering baked eggs with spinach recipe. There’s also one with tomatoes. Maybe we talk about that sometimes too (will keep you posted.
The fewer the ingredients involved in any recipe, the better the taste and quality. This is only a fact I have come to realise in recent time. Luckily enough, this recipe is even easy to make couple with the fact that it’s inexpensive. Would you try it today?